What will I learn?
In this lesson, you will:
- explore techniques for recording and memorising vocabulary;
- be introduced to a range of online recourses and tools to help you identify high frequency general and subject-specific academic vocabulary for you to develop your vocabulary range independently.
What will I need in the lesson?
In the lesson, you should ensure you can access your:
- a device where you can access and interact with the following websites: Sketch Engine and SkELL
- Module Information Directory (MID) or Module Guide
- course resources on Aula
Is this lesson suitable for me and my level of study?
This lesson is suitable for you if you:
- have studied on a Pre-sessional English course OR you have an IELTS score of 5.5 – 6.5
- want to build your vocabulary but are unsure what resources are available;
- want to improve the range and accuracy of the vocabulary you use, including vocabulary used in different academic subjects.
There are sessions running on the following dates:
2/11/20 @10:00am – 12:00pm
10/11/20 @ 12:00pm – 02:00pm