What will I learn?
In this lesson, you will:
- identify the differences between descriptive and critical writing
- understand what it means to be ‘critical’ in UK HE in reading and writing.
What will I need in the lesson?
In the lesson, you should ensure you can access your:
- Marking criteria for your course assignments
- Course reading
- Module Information Directory (MID) or Module Guide
- Course resources on Aula
Is this lesson suitable for me and my level of study?
This lesson is suitable for you if:
- you are a student studying at undergraduate, masters or PhD level;
- you are new to UK HE and need support in getting to grips with it all;
- you have received feedback that their writing is too descriptive and needs to be more critical; or
- you want to understand what is meant by taking a ‘critical approach’ to reading.
If you are already familiar with UK HE, but would like further support in developing your argumentation in your writing, Centre for Academic Writing workshops.
If you have have already attended this lesson, and would like to learn more about this subject, you can join ‘Demonstrating criticality’
There are no lessons available at the moment. Rest assured, more lessons are being timetable – check back soon.